If you want a quick sandwich recipe, this is the one to try. I can make this in under 5 minutes if my veggies are already clean. Just use the food processor to chop and dump into a bowl and viola! Done!!!
I toast my bread and usually pair this with iceburg lettuce, but you can use whatever you like. Sprouts work well as well as other types of lettuce. Oven-fried potatoes are a great compliment to this or you can add pasta and have a no-chicken pasta salad too. Use your imagination for how to eat it, but it is delicious!
Now, in this recipe I use two stalks of celery. Depending upon how I am feeling, I may use one more! I mean, who doesn’t like celery? It’s so good for us! Celery is very nutritious with an array of vitamins (Vitamin A, an array of B-vitamins, Vitamin C) and minerals (calcium, iron, magnesium, phosphorus, potassium, and sodium). It also contains essential amino acids. In addition, celery has a host of health benefits. It lowers blood pressure, lowers cholesterol, aids in fighting cancer, aids in digestion, and aids in alleviating insomnia, among other health benefits (See the article on celery “Celery: Top Benefits, Uses & Side Effects” from Organic Facts).
Well, without further ado, here is the recipe for you!
- 2 stalks celery
- 2 T fresh parsley
- ½ medium Vidalia onion
- 2 green onion bulbs w/ stalks
- 6 chicken patty substitutes (See recipe)
- ⅓ c. plant-based mayo (See recipe)
- 1 Tbs. liquid aminos
- ½ tsp. sea salt
- ¼ tsp. black pepper substitute
- Pinch turmeric
- In a food processor, pulse to chop celery, parsley, and onions into diced-looking pieces and pour into a large bowl.
- Chop chicken substitute in food processor by pulsing 3 times. Check and pulse more if shredded texture is not yet achieved. Make sure not to overdo it. A good texture included both larger and smaller shreds. Pour into bowl with celery mixture.
- Add remaining ingredients and mix.